This tutorial demonstrates an easy way to import an existing list into SharePoint.
- Create a list in Microsoft Excel or use an existing list.
- Highlight your list and navigate to Home -> Format as Table.
- Navigate to Design -> Export -> Export Table to SharePoint List…
- Fill out the Address to your SharePoint site and the Name and Description of the List.
- Click the Next button.
- If your website is secure you may be asked to login with your credentials in order to connect to your SharePoint site.
- Your list should display with the recognized SharePoint data types. If the data looks correct, select the column that is the Key Cell and click the Finish button.
- You should get a success message similar to the following:
- Click on the link in the success message to view the imported list in your SharePoint site.